The Romeo Family first started in the supermarket industry in March 1987. Beginning with one small convenience store, they have progressively built a business that now stands as an outstanding independent retailing success story.
With this retailing success the Romeo Family have received many awards such as State Retailer of the Year 2001, 2004, 2007 & 2008, National Retailer of the Year 2001 & 2008 and International Retailer of the Year 2002 and 2009 which was chosen from over 72 countries and over 4,400 stores.
Industry experts have commended the family for their exceptional performance in areas ranging from leadership and innovation to staff development and managerial grooming.
The Romeo Family are very focused and passionate about their growing business and are benchmarking independent supermarket retailing, eg Mitcham Square Foodland with modern décor, state of the art refrigeration and electronic ticketing.
- 2009 International Retailer of the year (Judged best out of over 3,000 IGA Supermarkets involving over 41 participating countries).
- 2009 National Deli Department of the year
- 2009 State Deli Department of the year
- 2009 State Produce department of the year
- 2008 National Retailer of the Year
- 2008 National Grocery Department of the Year
- 2008 National Foodland IGA Supermarket of the Year
- 2008 State Grocery Department of the Year
- 2008 State Retailer of the Year
- 2004 State Retailer of the Year
- 2004 Supermarket of the Year
- 2004 Messenger Small Business Award Finalist
- 2007 National Finalist for Retailer of the Year
- 2007 National Meat Department of the Year
- 2007 State IGA Retailer of the Year
- 2001, 2, 3 4 Finalists
- 2000 Messenger Small Business Award Winner
- 2002 , 3, 4, 5 Finalists
- 2001 Messenger Small Business Award Winner
- 2004 State IGA Scholarship for Employees
- 2004 National Grocery Department of the Year
- 2003 State Community Store of the Year
- 2002/03/04 Messenger Small Business Finalist
- 2002 Retailer’s Association Finalist
- 2002 International Retailer of the Year (judged best over 3,000 supermarkets spanning over 41 countries)
- 2001 State Retailer of the Year
- 2001 Supermarket of the Year
- 2001 National Supermarket of Year
- Nominated for TAFE Training Award